Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!
In order to help users get well understanding of EIS, we put some questions and answers here.
What statistics are included in EIS?
EIS includes 6 categories of statistical data, as follows:
- Macroeconomic - Population, GDP, value added, CO2 emissions.
- Energy - Energy balance, primary energy supply, final energy consumption, energy cost.
- Electricity - Generation, capacity, consumption, supply, efficiency, purchases, sales, tariff, imports, exports, transmission.
- Oil - Production, consumption, sales, imports, storage capacity, stocks, prices.
- Natural Gas - Production, import, consumption.
- Renewables - Installed capacity, generation share, distribution.
What are the major sources of statistics in EIS?
At present, the data sources in EIS mainly include energy management department, energy enterprise, statistical department:
- Energy management department - Ministry of Energy & Mineral Resources (MEMR)：provides data about energy balance, production, consumption and costs. Energy and Minerals Regulatory Commission (EMER)：provides part of electricity tariffs.
- Energy enterprise - National Electric Power Company (NEPCO)：provides electricity, natural gas related data. Jordan Petroleum Refinery (JPRCO)：provides oil related data.
- Statistical department - Department of Statistics：provides population、Macroeconomic data.
When to update the statistics in EIS?
EIS includes daily, monthly, yearly frequency data, for each type of update as follows:
- Daily - Daily data released after 2 working day updates.
- Monthly - Monthly data released after 7 working day updates.
- Yearly - Yearly data released after 30 working day updates.
What is the range of statistics in EIS?EIS energy data range from 2010 to present, some data range from 2000.
How to find data in EIS?
At present, EIS provides 4 kinds of methods for data query:
- Statistical database - You can find free and open energy data in the EIS of Statics modules. You can also purchase EIS statistical databases, search indexes in the database, query the sub-species, sub-sector, the division of the energy data, is the fastest way to view energy data.
- Publications - EIS under the Publications module can find publications, reports, laws and regulations, to obtain the required data.
- Topics - Topics under the EIS module can find the data in accordance with the topic.
- Keyword search - In the site's home page, enter a keyword in the search box by retrieving relevant news and information, energy reports, laws and regulations.
How to get more data in EIS?EIS is currently only publish part of energy data, if you want to obtain or use more data, please contact MEMR(EIS Division) to apply for more usage rights.
One More Question?
Users maybe from govenment department, energy company, business company or some other energy related organizations. You may have different questions, about the data, about how to get more data, etc. MEMR has a EIS Division to solve your problems, so please feel free to contact us.